124 Cheviot Heights Road, Cheviot 7382, North Canterbury, New Zealand Tel: 03 319 8823 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome you to Ribbonwood Country House. Together we have a wealth of hospitality experience… over 50 years of it!
Gary is a hospitality professional who draws on many years’ experience working in top hotels, restaurants and cafés, leading department stores, tourist organisations and his own hospitality training business.
Utilising the freshest home-grown and local produce, Gary takes pleasure in offering simple, honest and tasty food for guests who stay with us and the private functions being hosted so successfully at Ribbonwood Country House. Having added beauty and spa therapy qualifications to his repertoire, Gary also looks forward to providing guests with the relaxing pleasures of a range of spa treatments.
Robert takes the front of house role at Ribbonwood Country House, drawing on his many years of experience as respected maître d’ and sommelier, and as a five star hotel duty manager. He’s also a knowledgeable gardener with a keen eye for creating the visual pleasures possible from a well-planned garden and a green thumb among the fruit and vegetables which thrive here. Ensuring our guests’ enjoyment of the whole Ribbonwood Country House experience – the property, meals, wines and activities – is what Robert does best.
Together we have owned and operated a thriving and popular country hotel with eight motel units for five years, then ran a very successful B&B from our home in Christchurch before selling and moving to Cheviot to set up Ribbonwood Country House. The process – from the initial site plans and our early tree planting through to the building process and finishing the interiors with the sense of style and luxury we wanted our guests to enjoy – has been the best, most challenging project we have ever completed.
Working to each other’s strengths, we feel we create an ideal team – passionate about our beautiful property, knowledgeable about the region and New Zealand’s fine wines and produce, and proud to ensure you receive world-class customer service from the moment you step through the front door until the time you leave.
We feel sure Ribbonwood Country House is a unique and delightful accommodation option and we look forward to welcoming you here.
• Land area 7.5 hectares (approx 18 acres) – it was nothing but one big paddock of grass.
• The land was purchased 10 December 2009 and was grazed by one of the local farmers for 12 months.
• Our first plantings were made in December 2010 and we have been planting and developing ever since.
• The shed was completed February 2011.
• House started June 2012.
• House completed August 2013.
• 3 km from the Cheviot village.
• Our position on the hill and away from street and other lighting makes for excellent stargazing.
• If painting's your thing, please consider our uninterrupted views across rolling hills to the Kaikoura Mountain Range.
• The house is 510sqm (45m long, single story)
• Exterior cladding is coloured concrete block with a rumbled edge and weatherboards. Colour steel roof
Owners wing comprises of:
• Kitchen and scullery 48 sqm
• Two bedrooms with an interconnecting ensuite, office, laundry and internal access garage
Guest wing comprises of:
• Dining room
• Casual toilet
• 4 guest rooms with ensuites
• Spa therapy room
• Store room
Ribbonwood Country House is not set up and does not have facilities to cater for children. It is also totally
NON-SMOKING inside and outside.
At Ribbonwood Country House we are aware that businesses can have an affect on the environment and community. We are committed to providing a sustainable business by being as eco-friendly as possible. This is reinforced in our waste management practices, energy efficiency and design.
We follow host responsibility practices for guests who consume alcohol by offering meals, non alcoholic beverages and we have a shuttle service if required. Ribbonwood Country House is also entirely smoke free.
(inside and outside)
WANZ award for glass innovation.
If you're interested in treating someone to the Ribbonwood Country House experience, please get in touch via our Contact Us page to find out how you can purchase a gift voucher. These are available in any denomination.